What We Believe
The following is the core of what we believe here at the Church of Mt Zion:
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who is the Maker and Preserver of all things visible and invisible.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; that Jesus existed eternally with the Father, became Man by the miracle of the incarnation, in no degree ceasing to be God. He is co-Creator of the world and man, the only Savior, and coming Judge.
- We believe the whole canon of Scripture (both Old and New Testaments) as originally given, to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God, of supreme and final authority in all that it teaches and declares.
- We believe all men are lost apart from the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; that sin is cleansed only through personal repentance and faith in the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ; that water baptism by immersion should follow receiving Christ as Lord and Savior.
- We believe the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the body as well as for the mind, soul, and spirit of man. Christ has an answer for every problem of man, both physical and spiritual.
- We believe miracles and the gifts of the Spirit are available to the Church today for the edifying and perfecting of its members.
- We believe God will visit His Church in the last days and bring many multitudes into the Kingdom, preparing us for Christ’s Second Coming.
- We believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit, as evidenced by speaking in other tongues according to Acts 2:4, is promised to all who desire it, ask for it, and obey God.
- We believe everyone will be resurrected (saved and unsaved) and give an account to the great Judge, whose judgment is final and eternal.
- We believe in the permanence of marriage and its sanctity, thus, that divorce and remarriage to another person is contrary to Gods will.
- We believe that man should live according to the moral standards set forth in Scripture. This includes living a holy life and being full of the fruit of the Spirit, Gal.5:22-23. Therefore, we are opposed to the sinful works of the flesh, including all immorality, homosexuality, uncleanness (including pornography and other forms of moral impurity), idolatry, hatred, strife, heresies, murder (including abortion and euthanasia), and drunkenness, Gal. 5:19-21; 2 Tim. 3:1-6.
- We believe God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions: 1) the home; 2) the Church; 3) the state. Every person is subject to these authorities, but all (including the authorities themselves) are answerable to God and governed by His Word.
- We believe every Christian, as a steward of Gods wealth entrusted to him, is obligated to support his local church financially.